Home » Residents » Village History » View Designated Landmarks (text) » 304 South Lincoln Street (single-family residence)

Request email notification when page changes E-Notify
SouthLincoln

On August 16, 2005 the Board of Trustees designated 304 South Lincoln Street as an historic landmark. The house is located prominently at the southwest corner of Lincoln and Third Streets. This Gothic Revival style home was constructed in c. 1885 and contains several significant original characteristics such as craftsman style stick work, brackets and columns. In addition there are four oversized picture windows on the front of the house and stained glass transoms adorn the first floor picture windows. The front porch has turned columns and spindlework frieze. There is a projecting third story bay with a balcony.

The building was constructed by local builder Dr. J.S. Shannon who in 1885 constructed at least ten new houses according to the Wheaton Illinoian. In 2000/2001 the current property owner added the rear addition onto the building.

Please contact the Village Planner at (630) 789-7030 with any questions and for assistance in designating your home as a landmark.