How Can We Help You?
June 26, 2021 Flooding Updates
Since the onslaught of the flooding Saturday, June 26, 2021, Village staff has been communicating with representatives of the Tollway and the Village’s engineering firm, HR Green, to assess the damage and determine the cause of the extensive flooding.
Correspondence & Updates
- June 29 - Letter to Residents from The Village of Hinsdale
- June 30 - Statement from the Illinois Tollway regarding the recent flooding
- July 2 - Letter to Residents from The Village of Hinsdale with attached Tollway Claims Form
- July 9 - Letter to Residents from The Village of Hinsdale regarding the Tollway's July 9th Update
- July 15 - Update from the Illinois Tollway
- July 23 - Update from the Illinois Tollway
- July 29 - Update from the Illinois Tollway
- August 19 - Update from the Illinois Tollway
- September 16 -
Thank you for your patience as the Village of Hinsdale works to resolve the concerns surrounding the flooding that occurred in June. Walsh and Archon's insurance companies are working diligently to provide a determination to the 50+ residents who have submitted claims. Residents who submitted claims prior to 8/2/2021 should receive a determination by the end of September 2021. If your claim was submitted after 8/2/2021, please anticipate a resolution within 60-90 days from the date of your claim submittal. Thank you for your continued cooperation.
If you sustained property damage as a result of the June 26 flood event, please complete the Tollway's Claim Form to initiate the claim process. Completed forms should be returned to:
Illinois State Toll Highway Authority
2700 Ogden Avenue
Downers Grove, Illinois 60515
The Village also requests that you copy the Village on any communication with the Tollway at HinsdaleOutreach@villageofhinsdale.org