How Can We Help You?
The Village's fall leaf pick up program is underway and runs through the first week of December. The program is designed to keep Village streets cleaner and safer and to help keep leaves out of sewers and storm drains. The most important thing to remember is that leaves cannot be placed in the street for removal!
The details on the Village’s program are as follows:
- Free, unlimited, weekly curbside collection of leaves in kraft paper yard waste bags. Plastic bags will not be picked up.
- Please place bagged leaves in the parkway in front of your home, along the curb. Do not place in the street.
- Pick-up will run the week of October 30th through the week of December 4th at the time of your regularly-scheduled weekly yard waste pick-up. Leaves will be picked up by our waste hauler, Republic Services. It is important to note that the last pick-up of bagged leaves for homeowners south of the train tracks will be Monday, December 4th, and the last pick-up of bagged leaves for homeowners north of the train tracks will be Thursday, December 7th.
- While leaf pick-up is complimentary, all other yard waste will require a yard waste sticker.
- Bags may not exceed 34 gallons or 60 pounds.
- Please have the bags placed at the curb by 6:00 a.m. on your scheduled pick-up date.
- In some cases, due to volume, collection may run behind (i.e., Monday collection being completed on Tuesday); however, every household will receive one collection in each of these six weeks.
Republic Services: 630-345-7050
Hinsdale Public Services: 630-789-7042