How Can We Help You?
COVID-19 Booster Shot Clinic – November 17 at Hinsdale Central
District 86 is partnering with Jewel-Osco to host a COVID-19 booster shot clinic at Hinsdale Central on Wednesday, Nov. 17, from noon to 6 p.m. This event is open to community members who are 18 years or older and either completed the two-dose series of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine at least six months ago (i.e., no later than May 17, 2021) or received the Johnson and Johnson vaccine at least two months ago (i.e., no later than Sept. 17, 2021). It is also open to:
- Family members of District 86 employees.
- Employees from our feeder districts.
- Employees from the local villages.
Jewel-Osco has made 900 slots available for the clinic on Nov. 17. In addition, only the Pfizer and Moderna boosters will be administered during the event (i.e., there will be no Johnson and Johnson booster). However, people who received the Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson and Johnson vaccine can get either booster free of charge.
Tasks to Complete Prior to Receiving the Booster Shot
Please complete the following tasks prior to your appointment.
- Schedule your appointment via Jewel-Osco’s online portal, which can be accessed by visiting https://bit.ly/3q47iGw. While the landing page for the portal lists the people who the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are encouraging to get the booster, this resource, as stated above, is available to anyone over the age of 18 who completed the two-dose series of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine at least six months ago or received the Johnson and Johnson vaccine at least two months ago. When you are asked to select the group you belong to, please choose the one that best describes or most closely applies to you. We also recommend that you select a time that will allow for the 30-45 minutes needed to complete the entire process - i.e., arrive on-site, wait in line, present the required documentation, receive the booster and be monitored for at least 15 minutes following the injection if necessary.
- Fill out the Informed Consent for Immunization form. There are a couple options for completing this step. The first option is to answer all of the questions on the online portal, which will generate a completed consent form that you can print out when you finish the scheduling process. The second is to fill out the version of the form found at https://bit.ly/3mEI53x, which can be done electronically or by hand. Regardless of the option you choose, you will need to bring a copy of the completed form to your appointment. If you are unable to fill out the form in advance, there will be print copies available on-site the day of the clinic.
- If possible, please make a copy of the front and back of your insurance card. If you are unable to make a copy, we ask that you bring the card with you to your appointment. Please note that you do not need to have medical insurance in order to receive the booster shot. If you do not have insurance, you simply need to let the staff from Jewel-Osco know that when you check in.
Process and Logistics for Receiving the Booster Shot
Below are the steps you must follow on the day of your appointment.
- You will not need to take any precautionary steps or measures (e.g., fasting) prior to receiving the booster. However, we ask that you please wear clothing (e.g., a shirt with sleeves that are short or loose fitting) that will enable the staff member from Jewel-Osco to quickly and easily administer the shot to the upper portion of your arm near the shoulder.
- In order to ensure that we can maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between those who are receiving the booster, we ask that everyone please come at their scheduled time. People will not be permitted to get in line if they arrive early for their appointment.
Parking and Entrance Information
- If you are driving to Hinsdale Central for your appointment, please park in either the student or staff lots located on the southeast side of the school on Grant Street.
- When you arrive for your appointment, you must wear a mask and practice social distancing at all times. You must also have the following items with you:
- Informed Consent for Immunization form if you are able to complete it in advance.
- If you have medical insurance, you will either need a copy of the front and back of the insurance card or the actual card itself.
- Photo ID (e.g., driver’s license, state ID, etc.).
- You will check in with a member of the district’s security staff when you enter Door 10, which is located on the southeast side of the building. You will then be directed to the auditorium, where you will check in with the staff from Jewel-Osco and present all of your documentation. After checking in with the staff from Jewel-Osco, you will either be directed to an available booster shot station or asked to sit until your name is called.
After receiving your injection, you may need to wait in the auditorium for approximately 15 minutes for monitoring purposes. When your appointment is finished, you will exit the building through the same door you entered (i.e., Door 10).