Fall Leaf Removal
Fall leaf season will soon be upon us, bringing with its arrival the Village's 2016 leaf pick-up program. The program is designed to keep Village streets cleaner and safer and to help keep leaves out of sewers and storm drains. The most important thing to remember is that leaves cannot be placed in the street for removal!
The details on the Village's program are as follows:
- Free, unlimited, weekly curbside collection of leaves in kraft paper yard waste bags. Plastic bags will not be picked up.
- Please place bagged leaves in the parkway in front of your home, along the curb. Do not place in the street.
- Pick-up will run the week of October 24th through the week of December 1st at the time of your regularly-scheduled weekly yard waste pick-up. Leaves will be picked up by our waste hauler, Republic Services.
- While leaf pick-up is complimentary, all other yard waste will require a yard waste sticker.
- Bags may not exceed 34 gallons or 60 pounds.
- Please have the bags placed at the curb by 6:00 a.m. on your scheduled pick-up date.
- In some cases, due to volume, collection may run behind (i.e., Monday collection being completed on Tuesday); however, every household will receive one collection in each of these six weeks.
- You may also choose to keep your leaves on your property to be composted for use as mulch. The Village Forester highly recommends the use of compost for keeping plants and trees healthy.
Remember, leaves should never be placed in the street. Homeowners or landscape contractors who place leaves in the street will be subject to a fine of $75 for the first offense, increasing for subsequent offenses.
With everyone's cooperation and the Village's fall street-sweeping operations, we expect to have a clean, safe fall leaf season.
Important Contact Information:
- Village of Hinsdale Public Services Department: (630) 789-7382
- Republic Services Customer Service: (708) 345-7050