Do you want to be notified of when Hinsdale will be hiring for new police officers? Submit your information by clicking here to be put on a notification list of when the next time we will be accepting applications.
- Testing Procedure: Stages of the selection process include:
- Physical Test
- Written Exam
- Interview with Police & Fire Commission
- Background Check
- Psychological Exam
- Medical Exam
- Bachelors Degree from an Accredited College or University, or a State Certified Police Officer
- 20 - 35 years old (unless currently working as a police officer in Illinois)
- U. S. Citizen or have applied for citizenship
- Possess a Valid Driver's License
- Good physical health
- Good moral character
- Department Officers visit colleges and universities in the midwest in order to increase candidates and diversity.