pop up description layer

Click Below:

Home > Police Department  > Frequently Asked Questions

October 7, 2015
Frequently Asked Questions

Traffic and Safety Frequently Asked Questions are answered here.

  1. Where is the Police Department located?
    At 121 Symonds Drive, just east of Garfield Street on the north side of the Burlington railroad tracks. Click here for map.

  2. What are the hours of operation for the police lobby?
    The lobby is open 8:00AM - 10:30PM Monday thru Friday, 8:00AM - 2:00PM Saturdays and closed Sundays.
    Hinsdale Police Officers are on duty 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. There is an emergency phone inside the front door of the police department that is always available to summon a police officer.
  3. How do I make a police report?
    Reports must be made in person. If you are within the Village limits, an officer can be dispatched to your location to make a report. Otherwise, you may come in to the Police Department at any time to make a report.

    Back to Top

  4. How do I obtain a copy of a motor vehicle crash report?
    Copies of accident reports may be obtained anytime by coming into the Police Department lobby. There is a $5.00 fee for this service.

  5. What are the hours for curfew?
    Local Village Ordinance differs from Nighttime driving restrictions set by the State of Illinois. Local curfew for persons under 17 who are not driving: 11:00PM -6:00AM Sunday - Thursday, 12:00PM - 6:00AM Friday and Saturday. 16 and 17 year-old drivers must comply with Nightime driving restrictions: 10:00PM - 6:00AM Sunday - Thursday, 11:00PM - 6:00AM Friday And Saturday. Click here for more information concerning the Graduated Drivers License phases.

  6. How do I obtain a Village vehicle sticker?
    Vehicle stickers may be purchased at the Village Hall during normal business hours. For more information call (630) 789-7000.

    Back to Top

  7. What are the hours for construction?
    Go to construction noise ordinance.

  8. When is my power going to be restored?
    The Police Department has no control over power utilities. During power outages, our dispatchers are very busy. Calling them to ask when your power will be restored may delay an emergency response. Please call 1-800-EDISON-1 (800-334-7661).

  9. How can I arrange to have my fingerprints taken?
    Fingerprinting is provided for Hinsdale residents for a $10 fee, Non-residents $25. Fingerprinting is done on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00AM - Noon.

    Back to Top

  10. How do I contest a Parking Citation?
    A "Request for Review of Citation" form must be completed and forwarded to the Police Department along with a copy of the citation. Forms are available at the Police Department or on this web site. Your explanation will be reviewed by the issuing officer and his supervisor and you will be notified of the results. If you are not satisfied with the results of the review, you may come to the Police Department and request a court date.

    NOTE: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader software to view the form online. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader software, you can download it here:

  11. How can I view the list of registered child sex offenders that live in Hinsdale?
    You may view the list by coming to the Police Department or by visiting the following website links:
    DuPage County
    Cook County

    Back to Top

  12. Where can I park my car in Downtown Hinsdale?
    Please click here to view a map detailing where and when free parking is available in Hinsdale.

  13. How can I get notified of emergencies or get critical information?
    The Village of Hinsdale Police Department uses the Code Red Warning System which allows a message to be sent via telephone to all residents of the Village. You can make sure the Village has your correct address and telephone number by visiting the Code Red web site. For more information on Code Red call the Police Department at 630-789-7070 or send e-mail.   Beginning in January of 2009, you can also register for text or email alerts through the Community Alerts Network. Click here for more information.

  14. How can I find out more about Traffic and Safety in Hinsdale?
    Please read the following document that answers frequently asked questions regarding traffic and safety.

    NOTE: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader software to view this document online. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader software, you can download it here:

    You may also view this web page for answers to many questions asked about traffic and safety.

  15. Is there a process in place for filing a complaint against a member of the Police Department?
    Complaint forms are available in the lobby of the Police Department. Upon receipt of this complaint, the shift supervisor will meet the complainant and initiate the citizen complaint process according to Department Policy.

    Back to Top
Home • Village Staff Directory • Village Board Directory • Feedback • Links • Site Map
 • Calendar of Events • e-Hinsdale • Channel 6 • Site Search
 • Employee E-mail • Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)

Copyright © 1999 - 2015 Village of Hinsdale. All rights reserved.
19 E. Chicago Avenue, Hinsdale, Illinois 60521
Phone (630) 789-7000
Village Hall Hours: 8am-4:30pm
URL: villageofhinsdale.org

Contact WebMaster with comments or questions.
Read Disclaimer

Updated: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 13:26