Head Pool Manager (Seasonal)
Position Opening: Seasonal Employment: Head Pool Manager
Salary: $15.00 per hour or DOQ
Employment Dates: May - September, 2014 including pre-season training
Application Deadline: Interviews begin in late February, until filled
Nature of Work
Responsibility of this position is to oversee the operation of the outdoor swimming pool facility. This is a public pool with both members and daily visitors. The qualified applicant will perform a variety of duties in planning, scheduling, maintaining the seasonal operation of the pool, communicating with the Recreation Supervisor and members, and above all, have enthusiasm for making the pool a safe and enjoyable place for the community. The Pool Manager has overall responsibility for safety at the pool, as well as managerial, administrative, facility, aquatic, communications and leadership duties. Managers and assistant managers' schedules are made by the Recreation Supervisor and are divided throughout the week. Usual work schedule is 5 days per week including one weekend day. Reports directly to the Recreation Supervisor.
Examples of Work
- Responsible for overall pool operations
- Recognizes and responds quickly and effectively in emergencies
- Supervises and provides leadership for all swimming pool employees
- Coordinates all pool activities including public swimming, day camp and day care use, rentals, swim meets and special events
- Monitors staff to ensure they are maintaining standards and monitor staff scheduling to ensure proper coverage
- Serves as public relations specialist (walk through the area and get to know the public; answers patrons' questions and addresses complaints as necessary)
- Maintains a safe and clean pool; assigns staff daily cleaning duties and ensures satisfactory completion
- Tests and monitors water chemistry
- Checks daily paperwork for accuracy and is responsible for nightly deposits
- Assists with staff orientation and training
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff and public in a positive manner
- Previous pool management experience or experience in an aquatic leadership position is preferred
- Ability to manage a staff of 60+, high school and college aged
- Ability to multi-task and be a self-starter
- Successful communicator and excellent conflict management skills
- Certified Pool Operator in the State of Illinois or the ability to attend training-basic or basic knowledge of water chemistry
- Current Star Guard Instructor Certification or the ability to attend training
- Minimum of two years' experience in a management setting
To Apply: Applications are available at www.villageofhinsdale.org/jobs. Please submit a completed application to:
Village of Hinsdale
19 E Chicago Av
Hinsdale, IL 60521
The Village is an EOE.
The Village of Hinsdale is accepting applications for school Crossing Guards. Work approximately 185 days per year, 4 crossings per day. Salary is $9.05/crossing. School holidays off. Training provided. Applications available at the Hinsdale Village Hall, 19 E. Chicago; Hinsdale Police Dept., 121 Symonds Dr or www.villageofhinsdale.org/jobs. Fax applications to 630-789-7015, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Village is an EEO.
The selection process for this position will include a background check and oral interview. The duration of this selection process is expected to be approximately two (2) weeks from date of application. Applicants not choses for the position may reapply for future position openings within the Village of Hinsdale.